There are children and young people growing up next to us that we unnotice.
Our acquaintance with children on the streets begins with a simple greeting. In the long run, we start talking about: leisure time, relationships with friends, situations in families, difficulties at school or looking for work. About everything that is relevant to a young person that day. Later we start working together: playing, studying, eating, traveling, working. Through conversations and working together, we not only contribute to changing the life trajectories of individuals, but also create additional opportunities for those who lack them.
Vilnius Social Club believes that every child and young person is worthy of being noticed and heard. We work with more than 200 people, most of them teenagers from 12 to 17, whom we met on the street.
How does it work and what are the benefits?
We have a variety of suggestions for street kids and teens:
● Mobile street activities. We create safe spaces in courtyards and playgrounds for all members of the community to meet, play together, and strengthen relationships.
● Food evenings. Once a week young people over 14 , together with the street social workers, cooks and thus learns, communicates and spends time safely with peers.
● Soft work. Young people over 16 according to the current laws of the Republic of Lithuania, they have the opportunity to get a job, receive the necessary escorts and thus become more and more independent.
● Distributing food to the most disadvantaged people. Together with young people, we sort and distribute food to the most deprived people in the community.
● Hiking, camping, trips. For children and young people who spend most of their free time on the street, we encourage you to go hiking and camping together.
● Teen Club. This is a comprehensive help for 11-14 year olds young people. Together with us, they can safely survive the challenges of early adolescence, make friends, get to know themselves better.
● Football. 20 teenagers meets on Naujininkų streets regularly attend Vilnius social club football classes, study and grow accompanied by our team.