With your help 81 abandoned animals were saved. Your donations were used for saving, treating, neutering and sheltering these animals until they found safe new homes and rediscovered human warmth and love. You helped us help them!
Since the beginning of 2008 until today 1334 stray animals have found new homes and loving owners. Since 1 Jan, 2008 until 1 Jan, 2009 thanks to the organization and its volunteers 442 stray cats, 203 vagabond dogs, 2 rabbits and 2 canaries found homes (most of them were sterilized beforehand).
At the moment a new, larger and more convenient shelter is being built, which will help provide home for much more stray animals.
With shopping center “Panorama” as a partner a project called “Kittens’ meadow” was implemented, during which more than 150 stray kittens found homes.
About the project: The goals of this project are as follows:
1. To provide necessary/urgent help for 80-100 newly abandoned animals.
2. To provide full veterinary inspection and the necessary procedures/operations.
3. To sterilize female dogs/cats in order to reduce the number of undesired puppies/kittens in the population.
4. To vaccinate complexly against plague, parvovirus gastroenteritis, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, etc.
5. To provide full-fledged care in the shelter: to feed, look after, treat, help socialize.
6. To provide the necessary measures such as animal beds, litter, leashes, collars, vitamins; to install dog pens.
7. To search for new owners, to write the diaries of the animals and to find new homes.
In the shelter a dog or a cat is attended, fed, walked and loved by the volunteers. The animal is not constrained in time – it lives in the shelter until new owners are found, so usually the animals stay up to half a year – a year.
Those dogs or cats that do not adapt to the new environment or people and are thought to have little chance to find new home, are accommodated in “SOS animals” cottage house in Kaišaidorys region, where they can enjoy their freedom, everyday meal and the rest of their lives.
Every story of a saved animal is described in detail on the web page of the organization sos-gyvunai.lt, where the diaries are updated daily. The photos and descriptions of the saved animals are posted in the advertisement section of the website and in printed publications. Everyone who wants to become the owner of a saved animal receives the necessary information, is able to visit the animal in the shelter and once it is arranged with the representatives of “SOS animals”, s/he can take it home.
Swedbank matched 3,157 Litas of yours and the project successfully raised all the necessary sum!